Florida Bright Future Scholarship
Florida Futures Project Scholarship Competition: Fast Facts
Title of Scholarship Program:
- Florida Futures Project Annual Scholarship Competition
Number of Awards:
- We are currently working on expanding the prize beyond a single winner and will release an update when we’ve determined how to proceed on this matter.
- The Florida Futures Project is a first of its kind statewide scholarship competition that invites high school seniors to craft solutions to large-scale challenges facing the Sunshine State. We dare you to think differently and challenge the status quo. We categorically reject cynicism and inaction. Instead, we challenge you to imagine what Florida could be and how your idea will improve lives in your community and across our state. Our 2019- 2020 essay competition will focus on climate change mitigation and adaptation. We believe in bold ideas for a brighter future – do you?
- Any high school senior (as of September 1st, 2019) in the state of Florida is eligible for the essay competition.
- Ross Busch
Project Weather Scholarship
Emerging Technology Scholarship
YESTF APPLICATION FORM
PSC Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. -Dream the Dream
Criteria for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. – Dream the Dream Scholarship
- Must have a high school GPA of 3.5 (unweighted) or an overall college GPA of 3.0. A high school applicant must be a senior and have completed the Polk State College admissions process. A college applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours. Any Polk State College student with the required GPA and credit count can apply.
- Must be enrolled as a Polk State College student (full or part-time) to be eligible to use the funds awarded.
- Must use the funds awarded for courses, textbooks, or school-related supplies.
Application and Essay Requirements:
- The applicant must complete the application and a typed, two-page, double-spaced essay.
- These items must be submitted electronically by the deadline.
- The essay should not exceed two pages and should be in 12-point, Times New Roman font, in Word format (i.e., doc. file).
- A high school applicant must submit a copy of the high school transcript with the unweighted GPA and all coursework included.
- A college applicant must include a copy of his or her Polk State transcript with all coursework and the GPA included.
- The applicant can access the application here.
- The student must submit the application, essay, and high school or college transcript (as appropriate) electronically to MLK@polk.edu.
- The subject line of the e-mail should read: 2019 MLK Application (name of student).
- The deadline for the 2019 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship, is Friday, November 9, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
All essays are read and rated according to the following criteria:
- The student has answered all questions and followed the essay instructions.
- The student has demonstrated the ability to express thoughts fluidly and coherently in written language.
- The student has demonstrated his or her interest in the community.
- The student meets the minimum required GPA and related requirements (see above). The GPA is used to rank applicants in the event of a tie.
- Scholarship recipients are notified and asked to attend the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Luncheon with family, friends, or guests.
- An RSVP with the total number of attendees is needed to prepare for this event.
- Recipients who are able to attend must arrive by 11:00 a.m.
Scholarships are awarded at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Luncheon on Wednesday, January 9, 2019, at 11:30 a.m. in WST 126, at the Polk State Winter Haven Student Center.
The Polk State College Foundation contacts recipients to provide information about accessing funds for classes or books for the Spring 2019 Term (or later).
The scholarship must be used within one year of its award date
Jack Kent Cook College Scholarship
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
Burger King Foundation Scholarship
Project Weather Scholarship
Lions Clubs Youth Exchange Scholarship
See counselor for application