Essential Graduation Information
Parents and students.
It’s finally here!! The culmination of 13 years of hard work on both of your parts!! Let’s celebrate the class of 2020!!
This is going to be a lengthy message but there is a lot of information to give you about our graduation ceremony.
As you probably already know, our graduation ceremony will take place on Friday, June 12th at 4:00 pm at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland. While this will be an event like we have never had to do before, it will be a fitting tribute to our senior class! Here are some important details:
The first and foremost concern is the safety of all students, their families and our faculty members. Every precaution has been put into place to ensure a safe environment for everyone.
- Before anyone can enter the stadium, they will have their temperature checked. If someone is deemed to have a temperature above normal, he or she will be escorted to another location for a second check. If the temperature is not within the normal range, that person will not be allowed entrance into the stadium. Everyone who is cleared will be given a wristband.
- Every person who enters the stadium will be required to wear a face mask for the duration of their time inside. Masks will only be furnished to graduates. Every other person will need to bring a mask with them. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced throughout the entire stadium.
- Only small bags, no larger than 6”x6”, are permitted. Each person entering the stadium will go through a security checkpoint before being granted admittance.
- Parents may bring an unopened bottle of water and hand sanitizer into the stadium. There will be no concessions available.
- Attendees are expected to be in their seats for the duration of the ceremony. Bathrooms will be open for use. Otherwise, everyone is to remain in their seats.
- Lakeland Police Officers, Polk County Deputies, and medical personnel will be present to assist with any needs.
- All attendees including students, families, and staff MUST wear FLAT shoes. Shoes or boots with a heel of any type are not permitted – this includes high heels, boots with heels, and wedges. Tennis shoes, boat shoes, and sandals are acceptable. No one will be allowed on the field without flat shoes. This is stadium policy and there will be no exceptions.
- Following each ceremony, all facilities will be cleaned by stadium staff observing CDC guidelines.
- People will not sit in the same seat as another person on the same day.
- Due to social distancing protocols, one side of the stadium may look empty due to the scheduling of graduation ceremonies.
- No drones are permitted as this will be a restricted area.
- Each graduate will receive four tickets for their family members who wish to attend. No one may enter without a ticket. These are numbered tickets and reflect the seat in which the ticket holder must sit. Children two years old and under who will sit in someone’s lap do not require a ticket
- *Tickets, senior regalia, and commencement programs will be handed out to students through a drive-thru distribution. Date/Time for the distribution will be announced within the coming days.
Entering and Exiting the stadium:
- Gates will open at 2:30 pm.
- Students will be issued colored “zone card” with their tickets. This card will have the time that the student is to enter the stadium. If students arrive before the appropriate time assigned to them, they must remain in their cars until it is their time to enter.
- Parent and family members will park at the home plate gate with students and staff entering through the third base gate. There will be no drop off location so if students ride with their families, they will need to walk to their gate. Ticket, temperature, mask, bag and security checkpoints will be located at the entrances.
- There will be stadium personnel and electronic signs to guide parking.
- Students are NOT to wear their gowns into the stadium. They will put them on once they are ready to line up.
- Students will receive complimentary masks and bottled water upon entering the gate.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, attendees will immediately leave the stadium and may meet their graduates outside. There will not be an area to congregate and take pictures, etc. You will be directed to go to the parking lot and exit. This procedure will be in place to follow social distancing protocols.
- Students are permitted to wear cool, comfortable clothing under their gowns.
- All attendees including students, families, and staff MUST wear FLAT shoes. Tennis shoes and sandals are acceptable. No one will be allowed on the field without flat shoes. This is stadium policy and there will be no exceptions.
- Decorated graduation caps/mortar boards are not permitted.
Students who choose not to attend the June 12th ceremony may pick up diplomas at the front of the school beginning Monday, June 15th.