Planning for Graduation
Congratulations BHS/IB/SA Graduate!
YOU MADE IT!
We are so proud of you!
Important information regarding Graduation is as follows:
- Unweighted minimum GPA of 2.0
- Minimum of 24 Credits
- Passing score on Algebra I EOC or concordant score (97) on PERT test*
- Passing score on FSA Reading or concordant score on ACT (19) or SAT (450) reading sections*
*Waived for 2021 graduates
Avoid the Pitfalls
- Senior-itis – The deceptive state of being lulled into a sense of “I’m almost done; therefore I don’t need to apply myself.”
- Attendance Issues – School is not over until the last day and daily attendance is essential to your success.
- GPA Dip /Losing Focus – Keep your eye on the prize!
- A school with a history like ours has seen its fair share of Senior Pranks. Some were just silly bits of fun, others were dangerous, costly, and sometimes illegal.
- Our Primary Goal, as always, is the safety of our students, even those who will leave us, soon. The best advice we can give is, “Just Don’t.”
- Pranks tend to disrupt the school day, cause possible damage, and may result in criminal charges.
- Diplomas will be withheld from students involved in Senior pranks. We want to celebrate your successes, not see you prevented from achieving them.
Student Expectations at the Commencement Ceremony
- Students will be dressed in their best under their robes and will wear the medals, cords and stoles of their achievements.
- Caps/gowns may not be decorated or altered in any way.
- Cell phones are turned off and placed out of sight.
- All students remain for the entire ceremony. The graduating class will march in and out together.
- We want to ensure that every student and his or her guests fully enjoy this joyous occasion and that every child is recognized for his or her achievements.
- Air horns, catcalling, etc. will not be permitted.
- We know you are excited but so are the other families who are attending and would like to hear their graduate’s name called.
- COVID safety protocols will be followed: all attending must wear a mask with social distancing in place regarding seating.
- Please check for obligations in two places:
- The Media Center has records of monies owed for library books, textbooks, and school-owned technology.
- Each school office has records of additional obligations such as class fees, uniform fees, lab fees, etc.
- Students will pay in their school’s Main Office or the BHS Media Center and should keep the receipt.
- Obligations will need to be paid before the student can attend the Commencement Ceremony.
- Cash or check accepted—no bills over $20 nor credit cards.
Herff Jones Order Guide
Everything you need to know to help you prepare for your big day!